Are you committed, dynamic, driven and always striving for excellence? Pegasys is looking for people like you to join our Cape Town team, as we work together to make a sustainable impact on the world we live in.
- Qualifications • Economics, Business, Finance, Law, Engineering, Science, Social Science Graduates • Post-graduate degree and international qualifications a significant advantage • Strong academic and work track record a pre-requisite
- Experience • Minimum of 1 year working experience • Exposure to Management and / or Strategy consulting advantageous
- Key Attributes • Desire to contribute towards making the world a better place, and belief that a small group can have a significant impact • Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement • Adaptable as required to work in a complex and uncertain environment • Ability to logically work towards a desired outcome in a complex and uncertain environment - identifying and understanding key issues and developing an approach to progress towards the goal • Intent to develop one’s potential to be a leader or an expert • Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly break down and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing, and an ability to listen and respond to input and diverse perspectives • Preferably someone comfortable working in quantitative environments, but who has a broader interest in strategy, social issues and development
Sector: Corporate Services
Purpose of this job: To provide dedicated administrative and project support to the Transport team in the Cape Town office. As a central point of contact within the Transport team in the office, the successful candidate will be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and high numeracy and MS Office skills. You will have access to confidential information, requiring absolute discretion at all times. Ready and able to exercise initiative in a role that requires the ability to multi-task, you will be able to work independently whilst being a good team player, solution orientated and proactive with good time management skills.
- ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Contract Management, Document Management, Financial Administration, Bid Development. Project Reporting
- SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS • • MS Office advanced proficiency – particularly in MS Excel • Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and general IT systems. • Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Problem solving. • Ability to take initiative a must. • Accuracy and excellent attention to detail • Must be process and documentation driven. • The ability to work well under pressure. • Ability to organise effectively, multi-task and prioritise own workload. • Highly motivated and results driven person • The ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion, especially when handling confidential information • Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured environment and is adaptable.
- EXPERIENCE • • Grade 12/Matric • 5 years minimum experience in project administration. • Have an understanding of the requirements and implications of projects. • A basic understanding of bookkeeping practices.
Sector: Pegasys Institute
We are looking to employ a Research Associate who shares the social justice and transformational value system of the Institute
- has a Masters degree and 8 – 12 years of experience in one or more of the following sectors: Energy (renewable, low carbon etc) Sustainable cities Rural development Agriculture (particularly smallholder agriculture)
- The position is based in Pretoria. Applicants should have a valid South African work permit, and preferably be an African citizen. The position requires capabilities in: Research, analysis, thinking out of the box Excellent writing, advocacy and communication skills Project development and acquisition
- Applicants need to have a passion for bringing about change in Africa, particularly for marginalised groups and people living in poverty. You must be willing to travel extensively.