Financial Modeling Specialist - Cape Town or Pretoria
An exceptional opportunity to be part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. You will be able to apply your strong quantitative and financial training on a variety of development and infrastructure finance projects
- You will be expected to perform the following responsibilities: Developing bankable project finance or corporate finance models Conducting evaluations of financial models Performing in-depth financial analysis, including Cost-Benefit analysis Reviewing financial data, spreadsheets, budgets and reports, and translating quantitative information into easily communicable findings or implications Conducting in-depth risk analysis Financial structuring - working with Public- and Private- sector clients to achieve successful bid submissions and financial close for their infrastructure projects. Developing a financing strategy and securing finance Must be able to assist the engagement team with post-delivery financial model scenario analysis and further model refinement based on an understanding of the project and the financial model
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Required Degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting or Actuarial Science At least 2-5 years’ experience dedicated to financial modelling Experience in a consulting environment Broad financial services industry exposure A demonstrable track record in project or infrastructure finance, financial structuring, public sector financing, investment banking, business planning, project financial modelling and accounting Coursework in corporate finance, financial accounting, management accounting, cost-benefit analysis or risk assessment Preferred International experience with a reputable consulting or financial firm in a similar role Highly competent user of financial modelling software and tools and excellent skills in MS Excel Exposure to financial strategy or structuring in relation to development or environmental finance (such as climate finance or renewable energy finance)
- KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES Ability to conceptualise problems, identify the quantitative variables and their complex interrelationships A strong ability to translate and capture these variables and interrelationships in MS Excel or other quantitative software. Numerical excellence and an ability to understand and translate logic into calculation language The ability to work backwards from the client’s output expectations through the calculation engine to the necessary input drivers thereto Strong financial acumen and the ability to interpret and apply financial information Entrepreneurial thinker and able to adapt to changing needs in a complex and sometimes uncertain environment Must be results-driven and possess strong research as well as analytical skills A strong communicator with the ability to process diverse input from multiple perspectives Must be a strategic thinker with a strong focus on the detail of model development but simultaneously have the ability to captur
Sector: Corporate Services
Purpose of this job: To provide dedicated administrative and project support to the Transport team in the Cape Town office. As a central point of contact within the Transport team in the office, the successful candidate will be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and high numeracy and MS Office skills. You will have access to confidential information, requiring absolute discretion at all times. Ready and able to exercise initiative in a role that requires the ability to multi-task, you will be able to work independently whilst being a good team player, solution orientated and proactive with good time management skills.
- ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Contract Management, Document Management, Financial Administration, Bid Development. Project Reporting
- SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS • • MS Office advanced proficiency – particularly in MS Excel • Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and general IT systems. • Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Problem solving. • Ability to take initiative a must. • Accuracy and excellent attention to detail • Must be process and documentation driven. • The ability to work well under pressure. • Ability to organise effectively, multi-task and prioritise own workload. • Highly motivated and results driven person • The ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion, especially when handling confidential information • Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured environment and is adaptable.
- EXPERIENCE • • Grade 12/Matric • 5 years minimum experience in project administration. • Have an understanding of the requirements and implications of projects. • A basic understanding of bookkeeping practices.
Sector: Pegasys Institute
We are looking to employ a Research Associate who shares the social justice and transformational value system of the Institute
- has a Masters degree and 8 – 12 years of experience in one or more of the following sectors: Energy (renewable, low carbon etc) Sustainable cities Rural development Agriculture (particularly smallholder agriculture)
- The position is based in Pretoria. Applicants should have a valid South African work permit, and preferably be an African citizen. The position requires capabilities in: Research, analysis, thinking out of the box Excellent writing, advocacy and communication skills Project development and acquisition
- Applicants need to have a passion for bringing about change in Africa, particularly for marginalised groups and people living in poverty. You must be willing to travel extensively.